Even though many people believe that Planned Parenthood is a “trusted health care provider” who “delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people worldwide,” there are many things wrong with Planned Parenthood.
Here are some of the things that are wrong with Planned Parenthood:
- Planned Parenthood is primarily in the business of providing abortions, despite statistics which claim that only 3% of its services are abortions, because abortions are its primary source of revenue and because Planned Parenthood’s core service is abortion.
- Planned Parenthood is focusing on growing its abortion business and increasing its profit margin instead of concentrating on its non-abortion services.
- In cases where a pregnant woman whose pregnancy is unplanned comes into a Planned Parenthood clinic, the Planned Parenthood clinic will usually encourage her to undergo an abortion at a Planned Parenthood clinic instead of providing her with the help that she needs in order to have the baby and to either give up the baby for adoption or to take care of the baby after birth.
- Planned Parenthood receives over $500 million in taxpayer money every year, and this taxpayer money does enable Planned Parenthood to perform more abortions by freeing up other money that Planned Parenthood does have.
- An increase in the amount of taxpayer funding that Planned Parenthood receives leads to both an increase in the amount of abortions and an decrease in the amount of non-abortion services being provided by Planned Parenthood.
- Planned Parenthood operates the largest abortion facility in the United States, which is located in Houston, TX, and this abortion facility opened on May 11, 2010.
- Many of the activities that Planned Parenthood engages in are intrinsically evil, including but not limited to performing abortions, providing contraceptives for the purposes of preventing pregnancy, obtaining money for abortions through fraudulent billing to government health care programs, indoctrinating children into engaging in intrinsically evil sexual acts through sex education programs, and formally cooperating in intrinsically evil acts by actively promoting abortion, contraception, and non-marital sexual activity.
- Planned Parenthood clinics often cover up the sexual abuse of pregnant minors by failing to report the sexual abuse of pregnant minors as required under sexual abuse reporting laws.
- Planned Parenthood clinics are willing to facilitate sex trafficking and the sexual abuse of minors by providing sex traffickers and sexual abusers with contraceptives and by allowing these abusers to bring the girls who they are sexually abusing into Planned Parenthood clinics for an abortion if these girls who are being sexually abused become pregnant.
- Planned Parenthood workers misrepresent the facts of fetal development and dehumanize the unborn child in order to persuade potential abortion patients that it is not a baby that they are aborting.
- Some of the women who have undergone abortions at a Planned Parenthood clinic have suffered serious complications that required emergency medical treatment. In addition, Tonya Reaves died from an abortion performed at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Chicago in July 2012.
- Planned Parenthood has attempted to cover up the botched abortion incidents by lying to those who are seeking to obtain an abortion at a Planned Parenthood clinic and falsely claiming that these botched abortion incidents did not occur.
- Women and girls have been harmed as a result of various activities by Planned Parenthood, including but not limited to botched abortions, cover-up of the sexual abuse of minors, misrepresentation of the facts of fetal development, misrepresentation of the safety of the abortion procedures being performed at Planned Parenthood clinics, and coercion into undergoing an abortion at a Planned Parenthood clinic.
- Planned Parenthood actively promotes activities that are always intrinsically evil and always seriously contrary to natural law and divine law, including abortion, contraception, and non-marital sexual activity.
- Planned Parenthood clinics have quotas for abortions and will coerce women and girls who are pregnant into undergoing an abortion in order to make money and fulfill quotas for abortion.
- Planned Parenthood will provide contraceptives that are known to fail to prevent unplanned pregnancies since it knows that providing contraceptives will lead to unplanned pregnancies and create demand for its abortion services.
- Planned Parenthood contributes money to and participates in the political campaigns of pro-abortion candidates in order to advance its pro-abortion agenda.
- Planned Parenthood’s sex education programs are designed to create demand for abortion by encouraging children to engage in non-marital sexual activity prior to adulthood and by weakening the sexual inhibitions of children.
- Children are being exposed to inappropriate sexually explicit content through Planned Parenthood’s sex education programs.
- Through its sex education programs, Planned Parenthood attempts to normalize sexual behaviors that in reality are intrinsically evil and abnormal behavior, including pre-marital intercourse, masturbation, sodomy, and BDSM.
- Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was a eugenicist, a supporter of birth control, and supported the elimination of minority populations.
- Planned Parenthood continues to target minority populations and most of its clinics in the United States are located in minority neighborhoods.
- Planned Parenthood is believed to be involved in the sale of fetal body parts obtained from aborted babies.
It is very obvious that there are a lot of things wrong with Planned Parenthood, and abortion is at the tip of that iceberg. Planned Parenthood needs to be stripped of its government funding and people need to stop donating to Planned Parenthood because the government funds and donations are going towards expanding Planned Parenthood’s abortion business instead of helping women, because some of the funding is being spent on sex education programs that are designed to encourage non-marital sexual activity and increase demand for abortions, because Planned Parenthood has lied to the government and its donors in order to receive government funding and donations, because at least some Planned Parenthood clinics are engaging in illegal conduct, and because Planned Parenthood engages in activities that are morally objectionable.