Many of the women in crisis pregnancies who are considering an abortion would choose to keep their baby instead if they are given the right information and appropriate help. Most of the women who have chosen to go forward with an abortion have been pressured to do so by parents, the fathers of their unborn children, or abortion clinic employees. Planned Parenthood and other clinics in the United States engage in actions that encourage a woman to choose to undergo an abortion instead of choosing life, including misrepresenting facts of fetal development, coercing women into consenting to an abortion, and omitting facts that are material to a woman’s decision to undergo an abortion.
Here are things we can do to encourage women in crisis pregnancies to choose life instead of having an abortion:
- Showing love for women and teenage girls who are faced with crisis pregnancies
- Letting women and teenage girls in crisis pregnancies know that choosing life is the right thing to do, even if there is pressure to have an abortion, the unborn child is unwanted by the mother, or the unborn child is conceived against the will of the mother
- Informing women and teenage girls in crisis pregnancies about the facts of fetal development and the risks of abortion procedures
- Providing women and teenage girls in crisis pregnancies with the support needed to carry the pregnancy to term, including appropriate prenatal care
- Encouraging women and teenage girls who do not want to take care of their child after birth to give up their baby for adoption and letting these mothers know that there are people who are willing to adopt and take care of these children after birth
- Providing women and teenage girls who want to raise their child after birth with the support needed to do so, including the appropriate necessities